Wednesday, September 19, 2007

..."worth it's weight in gold".....

September 19, 2007

Yesterday I picked Carly up from school and went to see Grandma & Grandpa. While we were at their house Carly was very cranky and was crying a little bit. My mother said to me that she thought Carly just wanted some attention from Mommy. I figured her teeth hurt.

When we got home Carly gave me the biggest hug ever. She would not let go. She had her head on my shoulder for about five minutes and did not want me to put her down. As she pulled back, she put both of her hands on my cheeks and said "mine". I almost died.

I felt guilty that I didn't recognize it at my mother's but I guess Grandma was right.

It reminded of the Dolly Parton song "coat of many colors":

......one is only poor only if they choose to be. Although we had no money, I was rich as I could be".....

These situations are what remind me that no matter what it's the little things that matter.

Love to all, Mommy xoxo

1 comment:

Kristy said...

OMG! Totally made me cry! That is the best gift ever!